Toronto Criminal Lawyer
David G. Bayliss, Toronto criminal lawyer, is a veteran of the courtroom with more than 30 years experience. David understands the justice system, how to negotiate effectively, and how to win at trial.
As a leading criminal defence lawyer in Toronto, he has successfully defended all types of criminal charges. These include many high-profile cases of murder, sexual assault, drug possession, trafficking and importing, domestic assault and fraud. He provides expert legal counsel and has extensive experience in the practice of criminal law.
A scorching cross-examiner, David has handled hundreds of jury and non-jury trials. He dedicates personal attention to every case. David G. Bayliss provides an impassioned and skillful defence for all his clients.
Illegal search? Were your rights violated? We fight for your rights.
David has a strong focus on the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. One of his top priorities is defending clients whose rights have been violated during an illegal search and seizure, or during the criminal prosecution process itself.
When your reputation and freedom are at stake you want a solid lawyer. An experienced defence lawyer can make the difference between going to prison or walking free. A criminal conviction can have devastating consequences and employment restrictions so our law team fights for your rights.
“New documents show the number of search warrants executed by Toronto police has almost tripled in a nine-year period. In roughly half the cases, nothing illegal was found and no charges laid.”- Read the complete article at TheStar.com
We provide highly personalized services.
As a small law firm, David G. Bayliss Professional Corporation provides highly personalized services. Experts in Canadian criminal law, David G. Bayliss and his legal team are committed to defending offences under the Criminal Code of Canada.
The Bayliss law firm practices trial advocacy and defends criminal cases in Toronto, GTA, Mississauga, Barrie, Hamilton and Durham Region. They will also serve anywhere in Ontario and all Canadian provinces. Their law offices are centrally located in downtown Toronto.
Our initial consultation is free. Call us anytime at 416-598-5250 to schedule an appointment.
Our law firm defends against all types of criminal charges, no matter how serious.
Call 416-598-5250 to speak to one of our lawyers if you have been charged or arrested. We take emergency and collect calls anytime, seven days a week. Please contact us here.
• Murder, Manslaughter
• Drug Possession, Trafficking & Importing
• Charter of Rights
• Assault, Domestic Assault & Violence
• Criminal Harassment
• Sexual Assault & Other Sexual Offences
• Major Fraud & Theft, Shoplifting, Robbery
• Gun Possession & Firearms Use
• Youth & Crime, Young Offender
Our law firm accepts Visa and Mastercard. We accept Legal Aid Ontario certificates in certain cases.
You can count on us for dedicated legal counsel.
• Toronto Criminal Lawyer
• Over 30 Years Experience
• Ontario Criminal Defence Lawyers
• Innovative and Proven Legal Strategies
• Defending Your Rights Against All Charges
Statement of Principles for David G. Bayliss Professional Corporation
As a licensee of the Law Society of Upper Canada, I stand by the following principles:
• A recognition that the Law Society is committed to Inclusive legal workplaces in Ontario, a reduction of barriers created by racism, unconscious bias and discrimination and better representation of Indigenous and racialized licensees in the legal professions in all legal workplaces and at all levels of seniority;
• My special responsibility as a member of the legal profession to protect the dignity of all individuals, and to respect human rights laws in force in Ontario;
• A commitment to advance reconciliation, acknowledging that we are collectively responsible to support improved relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Ontario and Canada; and,
• An acknowledgement of my obligation to promote equality, diversity and inclusion generally and in my behaviour towards colleagues, employees, clients and the public.