Toronto Criminal Lawyer
Expert legal counsel. Winning criminal cases since 1984.
Toronto criminal lawyer, David G. Bayliss is a veteran of the courtroom with more than 35 years experience. David understands the justice system, how to negotiate effectively, and how to win at trial.
As a leading criminal defence lawyer he has successfully defended all types of criminal charges. These include many high-profile cases of murder, attempted murder, sexual assault, drug possession, trafficking and importing, firearm charges, armed robbery, domestic assault and fraud.
A scorching cross-examiner, David has handled hundreds of jury and non-jury trials. He provides expert legal counsel and has extensive experience in the practice of criminal law.
David G. Bayliss is designated by Legal Aid Ontario as a member of the Complex Criminal Case Rate Panel. All his clients receive an impassioned and skillful defence. He dedicates personal attention to every case.
Illegal search? Were your rights violated? We fight for your rights.
David has a strong focus on the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. One of his top priorities is defending clients whose rights have been violated during an illegal search and seizure, or during the criminal prosecution process itself.
When your reputation and freedom are at stake you want a solid lawyer. An experienced defence lawyer can make the difference between going to prison and walking free.
A criminal conviction can have devastating consequences and employment restrictions. Our law team fights for your rights. “New documents show the number of search warrants executed by Toronto police has almost tripled in a nine-year period. In roughly half the cases, nothing illegal was found and no charges laid.”- Read the complete article at TheStar.com
Our law firm defends against all criminal charges, no matter how serious.
Call 416-598-5250 to speak to one of our lawyers if you have been charged or arrested. We take emergency and collect calls anytime, seven days a week. Please contact us here.
We defend serious criminal charges including:
• Drug Possession, Trafficking & Importing
• Assault, Domestic Assault & Violence
• Sexual Assault & Other Sexual Offences
• Major Fraud & Theft, Shoplifting, Robbery
• Gun Possession & Firearms Use
We provide highly personalized legal services.
Your initial consultation with a Toronto criminal lawyer is free. Call us anytime at 416-598-5250 to schedule an appointment. As a boutique law firm, David G. Bayliss Professional Corporation provides highly personalized services. Experts in Canadian criminal law, David G. Bayliss and his legal team are committed to defending offences under the Criminal Code of Canada.
The Bayliss law firm practices trial advocacy and defends criminal cases in Toronto, GTA, Mississauga, Barrie, Hamilton and Durham Region. They will also serve anywhere in Ontario and all Canadian provinces. Their law offices are centrally located in downtown Toronto.
Our law firm accepts Visa and Mastercard. We accept Legal Aid Ontario certificates in certain cases.
You can count on us for a dedicated and skillful defence.
- Toronto criminal lawyer since 1984.
- Over 35 years of personal experience.
- Ontario criminal defence law firm.
- Innovative and proven legal strategies.
- Defending your rights against all charges.
Recent News – Craig Short acquitted after three trials.
“Craig Short was acquitted in murder of his wife Barbara Short. Free Press reporter Jane Sims talked with Barbara Short’s father Robert Buckingham, and Craig Short’s defence lawyer David Bayliss, following the verdict.” ~ The London Free Press
Selected Case Results
See Cases tab more complete cases history
Disclosure of Police Records to Third Parties in Ontario
By: David G. Bayliss – August 31, 2019. RECORDS DISCLOSURE IN ONTARIO The disclosure to third parties of an individual’s police records has become exponentially more problematic with the advent of interconnected digital databases. With today’s ease of storage and access to personal records, disclosure of private information in [...]
Child Pornography Investigations, Prosecutions and Defences in Canada
By: David G. Bayliss - August 17, 2019. INVESTIGATIONS, PROSECUTIONS AND DEFENCES Introduction The incidence of child pornography (CP) has escalated dramatically with the advent of the internet. As one Ontario Superior Court Judge recently observed: 26 In a pre-internet world, the ability of people inclined towards pedophilia to find [...]
Convicting Jian Ghomeshi will be hard — for good reason
By: Breese Davies Published on Tue Feb 02 2016 | © Toronto Star. Calls to make it 'easier' to secure convictions in cases of sexual assault are dangerously antithetical to basic tenets of our justice system With Jian Ghomeshi about to face a packed courtroom and a daily gauntlet [...]
Statement of Principles ~ Toronto Criminal Lawyer, David G. Bayliss
As a licensee of the Law Society of Upper Canada, I stand by the following principles:
• A recognition that the Law Society is committed to Inclusive legal workplaces in Ontario, a reduction of barriers created by racism, unconscious bias and discrimination and better representation of Indigenous and racialized licensees in the legal professions in all legal workplaces and at all levels of seniority;
• My special responsibility as a member of the legal profession to protect the dignity of all individuals, and to respect human rights laws in force in Ontario;
• A commitment to advance reconciliation, acknowledging that we are collectively responsible to support improved relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Ontario and Canada; and,
• An acknowledgement of my obligation to promote equality, diversity and inclusion generally and in my behaviour towards colleagues, employees, clients and the public.
Everyone, rich or poor, is entitled to a caring, dynamic criminal defence.
Mail Order Murder
Mail Order Murder, Season 1 documents the 2012 defence of David G. Bayliss, Toronto criminal lawyer, in the first degree murder case of R. v. D.N.